After a long, tedious day at work, have you ever looked at yourself and said, “Ahh! What do I do to get rid of this dull skin?” Dull, lifeless skin is a common concern for people of all ages and gender. Not only does it impact our mood, but it also makes us lose confidence. So, to answer your most asked question, we have curated an easy routine that you can use anytime to revive dull skin. Check it out now.
Reasons you may experience dull skin
Before diving into how you can take care of dull skin, you must know what causes it in the first place. Here are some of the common reasons:
- Due to pollution, and dirt, the top layer of your skin, that you can see, can have too much build-up and that’s what results in dull skin.
- As you age, your skin’s cell regeneration process slows down and this results in loss of collagen production, which may make your skin look dull.
- If you have dehydrated skin that lacks moisture, it may appear dry, dull, and pale. Dehydrated skin could also be the result of excessive smoking.
- Frequent worrying about things can be a huge bummer for your skin as it reduces blood flow to your skin, making it look less lively.
- If you suffer from insomnia and skimp on sleep, its results can easily appear on your skin, making it look dry, dull and uneven.
The perfect 5 step routine to instantly revive dull skin
#1 Make double cleansing your bestie
If you only cleanse your skin once at night and complain about having dull skin, then you have to try double cleansing! In double cleansing, you use a balm/oil cleanser as the first step and then a gel/foam cleanser as your second step.
Without proper cleansing, the pores remain blocked which further weighs down your skin and your complexion looks dull. Incorporate our Daily Duet Face Wash in your routine to eliminate all the toxins through your pores. It effectively cleanses your skin without stripping the natural oils off your face and is suitable for all skin types!
#2 Use a face mask to wipe out the impurities
The easiest way to make your skin look brighter is by using a face mask! Everyone has that one face mask that they can rely on to take care of their dull skin. If you haven’t found one, just DIY it! Take some Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti), mix in some water and apply the paste for 10 mins.
Pro tip: If you have had an extremely frantic day, take nice and relaxing steam before and while you apply the face mask. It’s sure to calm your nerves!
#3 Start your skincare routine with a hydrating serum
Dull skin can be the result of dehydrated and parched skin, so using a hydrating toner and a serum after cleansing can be game-changing. Use serums that comprise hydrating ingredients such as Hyaluronic acid, Niacinamide, Peptides, etc.
Incorporate a Vitamin C serum in your daily skincare routine to bring that dull skin back to life. Since this ingredient alone can fight free radicals and wrinkles, you won’t have to whine over dullness.
#4 Make moisturization your mantra
No matter what skin type you have, you just cannot skip over moisturizer. In fact, no skincare routine is ever complete without it. Using a barrier repair moisturizer like our Ceramide Supercream twice, every day is like a Skin-vestment. It keeps your skin barrier healthy, which instantly makes your skin from dull to daisy!